[0.17] tech screen colours too subtle

We are aware of them, but they have low priority. We have more important things to do. They go here in order not to take space in the main bug thread list.
rbtcollins
Inserter
Inserter

[0.17] tech screen colours too subtle

Post by rbtcollins »

The difference between available and researched techs is very subtle - at least for me (red/green colour insensitive) - I'm not colour *blind*, and colour blind themes are usually fugly; but having something that is more strikingly different would be really nice.

Albert
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17] tech screen colours too subtle

Post by Albert »

I understand your frustration with your perception of Red and Green. I'm totally not and expert in this matter at all, but I would consider your condition as a sort of color blindness. Normally there are accessibility tools in the OS to fix this issue.

Anyway we have this vision issues in mind and we are planning a special color palette, or any sort of solution for players with visual issues. So it is very possible that we come out with a color mode that solves it.

I'm not promising results because the subject it's pretty complex, there are way too many different kinds of conditions, but we will try.
What i can tell you as a temporary solution is to tweak the gui-new.png tileset which is the tileset of the GUI ( ...\data\core\graphics\gui-new.png (in windows))
Do it as it's best for your vision (not taste) and send me the tileset if you don't mind. I'm very interested in testing it.

Hope it helps
gui-new-tech-tree-ref.png
gui-new-tech-tree-ref.png (136.95 KiB) Viewed 1177 times

Return to “Minor issues”