Toogle fullscreen toogles train station names on map view

We are aware of them, but they have low priority. We have more important things to do. They go here in order not to take space in the main bug thread list.
steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Toogle fullscreen toogles train station names on map view

Post by steinio »

Hello,

i recorded a gif because words cant't describe this:
GIF
Everytime the fullscreen is toogled with alt+enter and the roboport coverage button is pressed, the station names display gets toogled.
Have fun to find the cause.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Toogle fullscreen toogles train station names on map view

Post by orzelek »

This happens because alt on map view seems to toggle some of map options. I couldn't figure out whats the rule there.

Since game doesn't know that you will press enter after alt it reacts to alt and toggles station names in your case.

kitcat
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by kitcat »

The alt info toggle doesn’t toggle station names (or player names), though. Only roboports, turrets, power and pollution can be toggled via alt info.

I didn’t find a key to toggle station names.

Meddleman
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Meddleman »

I tell you whats weird: Your station-name button at times is toggled in/on, but station names aren't displayed, and vice versa. Then other times its normal....

The Rule is this: you can hold down ALT, and then click any combination of first four toggles; This enables or disables their toggling to be controlled by the ALT button similar to ingame display of factory information.
But, as kitcat mentioned, no combination of ALT or ALT-ENTER seems to toggle station names, so its a plausible bug. Nothing in the game's interface options or controls may hint to this either. :?

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report however that's a side effect of alt firing when pressed down - the same thing happens in the normal game except it toggles alt mode.

Pressing alt in the map view toggles all of the options you have enabled on the top-right off/on.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

kitcat
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by kitcat »

Rseding91 wrote:Pressing alt in the map view toggles all of the options you have enabled on the top-right off/on.
For me, it doesn’t. If I select all options, pressing Alt toggles only roboports, turrets, power and pollution but not station names or player names.

The GIF in the OP also shows that the station names are shown when the “show station names” button is deselected. Selecting it will hide the station names, so it’s effectively reversed.

Return to “Minor issues”