[16.36] Bots fill rocket inventory with modules if modules are requested but slots are full

We are aware of them, but they have low priority. We have more important things to do. They go here in order not to take space in the main bug thread list.
BurninSun
Inserter
Inserter

[16.36] Bots fill rocket inventory with modules if modules are requested but slots are full

Post by BurninSun »

If I place a blueprinted machine that needs modules, then fill those modules manually, the item request for the modules does not go away. If a bot then delivers the modules, the delivered modules will go into the machines inventory (if able).

This was a problem for my rocket silos - With the silos set to auto launch with cargo and a rocket ready to fly, my bots dutifully delivered their production modules which then got launched into space.

I verified this does the same with assembly machines if they have a recipe set to take the delivered module (eg. set assembler recipe to speed 2 modules, manually fill module slots with speed 1's then copy/paste).

To reproduce:
Build rocket silo, fill with production modules.
Use blueprints to copy/paste a ghost silo.
Build silo #2 by placing it manually.
Fill with modules manually.
Feed enough materials into silo to build a rocket.
Pick up construction bots, production modules and a personal roboport and get near silo.
Watch bots fly modules to silo #2 already full of modules.
Watch as a production module gets launched into space.

BurninSun
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [16.36]Bots deliver to manually filled item request slots

Post by BurninSun »

The bug is that the bots will deliver into the machines inventory based on a module request, not that the requests don’t go away. Using bots should not be causing production modules to be sent into space.

Smarty
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [16.36] Bots fill rocket inventory with modules if modules are requested but slots are full

Post by Smarty »

After some testing i do agree it isnt supposed to happen but and after reading the response of Rseding viewtopic.php?f=23&t=39572 I think it wont be fixed.

Besides it will only happen once and it wont happen very often because you usually put the modules in the rocket silo before the first rocket is done

BurninSun
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [16.36] Bots fill rocket inventory with modules if modules are requested but slots are full

Post by BurninSun »

Agree that its a minor issue that won't happen very often, but I figured I'd report it nonetheless.

And you mods can do longer post titles than the rest of us. Thanks for editing this one to be a bit more clear.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

Thanks for the report.
It is known behavior, but I think it might be better. I'll think about possible solutions for 0.17.

Return to “Minor issues”