[posila][for 0.17][0.16.34] One-way collision box with steam engine/landfill

We are aware of them, but they have low priority. We have more important things to do. They go here in order not to take space in the main bug thread list.
Jon8RFC
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[posila][for 0.17][0.16.34] One-way collision box with steam engine/landfill

Post by Jon8RFC »

I can run through one side, but not the other.

https://youtu.be/j4DtshmMAxI
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(1.16 MiB) Downloaded 70 times
one-way.zip
(19.85 MiB) Downloaded 61 times

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.16.34] One-way collision box with steam engine/landfill

Post by posila »

Thank for the report.
It actually is possible to go back but it is quite hard to do ... the reason why it is easier in one direction it that water corner creates nice wedge that causes sliding logic push the player through narrow space.
I think it could be done better, but don't what to meddle with this logic in basically stable 0.16.
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (129.84 KiB) Viewed 1859 times

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [posila][for 0.17][0.16.34] One-way collision box with steam engine/landfill

Post by eradicator »

I get that all the time when walking through anything with pipes.
oneway.jpg
oneway.jpg (91.96 KiB) Viewed 1841 times

Frightning
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [posila][for 0.17][0.16.34] One-way collision box with steam engine/landfill

Post by Frightning »

Just wanted to mention that I've encountered a variant of this issue myself in 0.16.36 with the Offshore pump and Boiler. I can easily move from one side to the other (the gap is just wide enough between them (yes, they are connected to each other). Going the other way *IS* possible, but difficult, you have to line yourself up just right to make it work, the other way is almost sure to work. Seems to be that this issue has to do w/ entity collision logic related to player movement in some way, but I don't even know what that code would look like, much less what the issue could be.

Return to “Minor issues”