[Harkonnen] [15.9, Win10] Full-screen resized when switching monitor

We are aware of them, but they have low priority. We have more important things to do. They go here in order not to take space in the main bug thread list.
GotLag
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[Harkonnen] [15.9, Win10] Full-screen resized when switching monitor

Post by GotLag »

When I start full-screen Factorio on my primary display, it correctly covers the entire screen, including taskbar. Using the keyboard (Win+Shift+left/right) to move it to my secondary monitor also covers the entire screen. Moving it back to primary resizes the window to not cover the taskbar, and moving it again to secondary keeps it at this new size, showing a taskbar-sized strip of whatever is behind the game window.

Both my monitors are 1440x900, so I don't know if this occurs on mismatched displays.

Factorie
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [15.9, Win10] Full-screen resized when switching monitor

Post by Factorie »

I have no issue going back and forth with Win+Shift+left/right on my 2 1080x1920 monitors. Can I see a screen shot of it?

GotLag
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GotLag »

1. Run Factorio:

2. Use key combo to move to secondary monitor:

3. Move back to primary:

4. Move to secondary again:

GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2 GB, driver version 376.53
Windows 10 Pro version 1607 build 14393.1198

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

i don't think it's problem of factorio, i have that with diablo and SC2 too :D

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

I can confirm the issue

Harkonnen
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [Harkonnen] [15.9, Win10] Full-screen resized when switching monitor

Post by Harkonnen »

I confirm, but that happens only when you have taskbar shown only on one monitor. When you have taskbar on both monitors (one of features I like Win10 for and it's default) there is no such problem. I'll still look into it.
EDIT: this also happens when you move from lower-resolution monitor to higher-resolution monitor.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

Harkonnen wrote:I confirm, but that happens only when you have taskbar shown only on one monitor. When you have taskbar on both monitors (one of features I like Win10 for and it's default) there is no such problem. I'll still look into it.
EDIT: this also happens when you move from lower-resolution monitor to higher-resolution monitor.
Also if on one monitor you have a taskbar at the bottom, and on the other its on the side

Harkonnen
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Harkonnen »

Temporary solution is to press Alt-Enter twice (go windowed and back fullscreen) - should resize normally. That will work with 0.15.22 when it's released (0.15.21 still goes fullscreen on primary monitor).

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

Harkonnen wrote:Temporary solution is to press Alt-Enter twice (go windowed and back fullscreen) - should resize normally. That will work with 0.15.22 when it's released (0.15.21 still goes fullscreen on primary monitor).
i'm not sure what you mean by this, on my computer factorio is set to start on 2nd monitor, and does that.

as for bug described, if i move game to primary monitor (which has taskbar), and back, it will do what described, but then (as i wrote above), i have same issue with diablo, so i think it's problem of resizing viewports (eg. after move viewport of window is reduced by toolbar, and it's not resized back, when moving back to 2nd monitor, that has no toolbar).

i know many other games that suffer same issue, i also know games, that don't have this issue.

Return to “Minor issues”