[0.14.20] Requester chest wire & BP issue

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Xeteth
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.14.20] Requester chest wire & BP issue

Post by Xeteth »

I'm currently setting up a dynamic factory that is fully controlled by the circuit network. I've found an issue where wires to requester chests do not carry correctly under certain circumstances.

How to reproduce:

1. Wire a constant combinator to a requester and set the requester to "Set requests"
2. Blueprint and notice it copies nicely if you use the same requester and the wire will carry
3. Now try adding a signal to the constant combinator and try blueprinting over again, the requester will appear red and will not connect the wire as desired

Gif to show this happening:

I understand that this would be an issue if the player had manually set requests in the requester as then the manually set entity would be different from the blueprint entity and therefore it would not carry, however I believe that in "Set requests" mode it should carry as this is not player set. I hope this makes sense!

For reference in a wider context, here is a screenshot of what I was trying to blueprint in my test world when I ran into the issue. You can see the wire will not carry and as a result the entire system would not work.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [0.14.20] Requester chest wire & BP issue

Post by Loewchen »

From the games perspective the existing chest is not identical to the ghost chest as it has a filter, so it can not work as an anchor for the other parts in the blueprint. I don't think there is a functional difference if the filter is circuit based or set manually. I therefore would consider this a new feature and not a bug fix.

Xeteth
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Xeteth »

Loewchen wrote:From the games perspective the existing chest is not identical to the ghost chest as it has a filter, so it can not work as an anchor for the other parts in the blueprint. I don't think there is a functional difference if the filter is circuit based or set manually. I therefore would consider this a new feature and not a bug fix.
Whilst this is true I believe that an exception should be made since the action of the player setting the requester to "Set requests" mode implies that there is no desired filter in the blueprint. It probably does lie somewhere in between a bug fix and feature request though.

Twinsen
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Twinsen »

Indeed related to 51308

Fixed in 0.16.

When building blueprints, any already existing building of the same entity type will have their settings updated instead of showing red.
Circuit network settings will be also updated.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”