[1.1.48] Cargo-wagon and artillery-wagon's working_sound doesn't work

We are aware of them, but they have low priority. We have more important things to do. They go here in order not to take space in the main bug thread list.
snouz
Inserter
Inserter

[1.1.48] Cargo-wagon and artillery-wagon's working_sound doesn't work

Post by snouz »

WHAT
Cargo Wagon's property working_sound actually doesn't produce sound. You can hear the "tie" sound but not "__base__/sound/train-wheels.ogg"
It does work on Fluid Wagon and Locomotive though.

HOW TO REPRODUCE
Create a track with a very long train with plenty of each wagon type in a row. Zoom in. You can only hear the locomotive engine, tie sound and fluid wagon's working sound (the wheel sound), but not artillery and cargo.

HYPOTHESIS
I thought it could be "match_volume_to_activity = true" but then why does the fluid wagon work ?
I thought it could also be sound_minimum_speed, which is at: 0.1 (artillery and fluid) and 1 for cargo, but then, why doesn't artillery work ?
Graphically contributed to : Bio Industries (soon) | Warehousing | MFerrari's mods | Brevven's mods | Bob Artisanal Reskins | Mining Drones | Teleporters | Emoji signals

Donion
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Cargo-wagon and artillery-wagon's working_sound doesn't work

Post by Donion »

Thank you for the report.
The issues with artillery wagon's working sound has been fixed internally already but is not scheduled for release at the moment.
The cargo wagon does play its working_sound, however it's very quiet, I'd have to check if that was fixed already as well. If not, we'll do another pass on it.
You are correct that it's related to activity and sound_minimum_speed.

I think this can be moved to minor issues for now.

Return to “Minor issues”