[1.1.45] *current* game.map_settings factors persist after restart

We are aware of them, but they have low priority. We have more important things to do. They go here in order not to take space in the main bug thread list.
Honktown
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

[1.1.45] *current* game.map_settings factors persist after restart

Post by Honktown »

To reproduce:
1) start freeplay
2)run command (twice because of the command warning) :

Code: Select all

/c
game.map_settings.enemy_evolution.time_factor = game.map_settings.enemy_evolution.time_factor * 2
game.print(game.map_settings.enemy_evolution.time_factor)
3) restart, run the command again. Each restart + command run will double the time factor.

Ran into an issue with a scenario that started by multiplying the factors by 4. (Comfy Scenarios, Mountain Fortress) Discovered evolution was almost 1 within a few minutes after making a code change and restarting, repeated a few times.
I have mods! I guess!
Link

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [1.1.45] *current* game.map_settings factors persist after restart

Post by Loewchen »

What do you mean with "restart"? Explain exactly what you do please.

Honktown
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Honktown »

Loewchen wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:46 am
What do you mean with "restart"? Explain exactly what you do please.
Hit escape. Click "Restart".

I forgot to mention what I thought should happen: The game restarts with the settings used at creation (New Game or otherwise). Doesn't make sense in my opinion, to restart with current map settings (whichever ones persist, if any, other than the time, destroy, and pollution factors).

Additionally, I've noticed that the current settings are exported with game.get_map_exchange_string(). Was reproducing the bug in freeplay and wanted to start a new non-magnified game with my other saves settings... scenario -> can't get map exchange string from the button in the "Load game" menu -> try the string returned from game.get_map_exchange_string(), and it was the magnified difficulty factors (limited to 1000 in the New Game settings), not the ones with which I started that save file.
I have mods! I guess!
Link

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Something to note: the map settings only exist in the once place in a given save so there currently is no way to get the original values when the map was first created.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

Initially, I didn't want to have anything to do with this, because I don't see it as a bug, but I do understand someone might. But then I thought ... there probably was less than 5 reports about this for the duration of the entire existence of the game, this might be even the first one, so I think it is minor issue.

Return to “Minor issues”