- Hold left walking towards a spidertron
- Press enter under the spidertron whilst still holding left
- Observe that the spidertron is not moving even though you are still holding left
Furthermore if you then tap up or down whilst still holding left, it will start to move left.
This behaviour is different to:
- Holding down a direction key whilst exiting the spidertron: you will continue to move in that direction
- Holding any key whilst entering or exiting a car or tank: the input will be applied to your new state immediately.
The same behaviour can be observed in my mods:
Spidertron Weapon Switcher: Spidertron stops moving when you 'switch weapons' (which is internally fast-replacing a spidertron and transferring you to the new one)
Spidertron Enhancements: Using the 'Quick toggle spidertron (U)' feature, it behaves the same as pressing enter described above (works coming out of spidertron, not going in)
From Roker on discord, referring to non-spidertron vehicles:
Since this is not referring to spidertrons, it doesn't match up with the vanilla behaviour of pressing 'enter' that I've observed above, but presumably the issue is similar but only occurs when going vehicle -> vehicle.I am trying to transfer a player between two vehicles without the change being noticed. I've figured out everything except for the fact that the player's input is forgotten until they input something different. Ie, when the swap happens the vehicle starts coasting until the player turns/brakes/accelerates.