Mining fields reset (modded) vehicle sound

We are aware of them, but they have low priority. We have more important things to do. They go here in order not to take space in the main bug thread list.
kumpu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Mining fields reset (modded) vehicle sound

Post by kumpu »

When I fly my chopper (carmod) over miners it stops the engine running sound loop and resets to the engine start sound. Flying over other entities does not trigger this.
I made a short video where you can see what's going on.

I should also mention that the sound emitting entity is not the one the player is in. Due to modding limitations it's an invisible one script-glued to the main entity and uses "working_sound" sounds together with a bot player to control playback.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Mining fields reset (modded) vehicle sound

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report however I think this is working as intended. When you teleport the entity around it changes the order that the game finds the entities and since you're not actually using the sound system how it was intended to be used it ends up restarting the sound.

You can try setting "match_progress_to_activity" on the sound and see if it has any effect. If not, then you'll need to make a mod interface request to do what you're trying to do.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

kumpu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by kumpu »

I tried "match_progress_to_activity" but it doesn't work, the only difference is that it now cyclically resets even when not doing anything.
And I already made an interface request which you yourself said you won't implement :D

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

kumpu wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:49 pm
I tried "match_progress_to_activity" but it doesn't work, the only difference is that it now cyclically resets even when not doing anything.
And I already made an interface request which you yourself said you won't implement :D
Then that answers what's happening. The entity you're using to play the sound with never has its progress changed so every time the order of entities found changes it restarts the audio clip from the start. Basically you can't do what you're trying to do.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Minor issues”