cheat_mode GUI.

We are aware of them, but they have low priority. We have more important things to do. They go here in order not to take space in the main bug thread list.
Pirion
Inserter
Inserter

cheat_mode GUI.

Post by Pirion »

Toggling Cheat Mode does not update gui until reopen or you try to build something:

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: cheat_mode GUI.

Post by Rseding91 »

This is a general problem with almost every GUI we have: they don't poll the game state to update because it breaks in MP.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

spaghetti335
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: cheat_mode GUI.

Post by spaghetti335 »

Rseding, that isn't exactly a universal truth. Unlocking research immediately updates the inventory GUI (as does removing research), and while it's not exactly easy for a beginner programmer like myself, in the custom GUIs I've made I am able to update GUIs for all players without any desyncing.

In fact, this isn't even something that's particularly novel. Many servers that have a Player List (like DDDGamer's) update for all players simultaneously without any issues.

Is there something particularly complex about the inventory GUI or with player.cheat_mode that makes it different than my examples? Or is this something the GUI update would fix anyways, and we should just be patient with?

Return to “Minor issues”