[1.1.39][mac] Crash on start, boring log

Things that has been reported already before.
Kelton
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[1.1.39][mac] Crash on start, boring log

Post by Kelton »

Ever since 1.1.39 came out I have had nothing but issues and the game is crashing on itself.

This crash didn't even make it past the loading screen. I had zero issues until. 1.1.39

Here is the log and it's only 65 lines long.
factorio-current.txt
CurrentLog
(5.05 KiB) Downloaded 223 times

eternal_biter
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Load Game from Steam crashes on start sequence

Post by eternal_biter »

Kelton wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:37 pm
Ever since 1.1.39 came out I have had nothing but issues and the game is crashing on itself.

This crash didn't even make it past the loading screen. I had zero issues until. 1.1.39

Here is the log and it's only 65 lines long.

factorio-current.txt
Since you're on Steam, I'd say verify integrity of game files would be a good start to get back to working condition. No clue if you've already done this though.
Or if that fails, backup your saves & uninstall then reinstall. If it comes to it, you can link up accounts & download the game directly from factorio.com.

Kelton
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Load Game from Steam crashes on start sequence

Post by Kelton »

Tried to uninstall factorio and reinstall factorio from Steam. Same Result.

I have uninstalled factorio from Steam and re-installed Factorio directly from Factorio.com

I was able to load a game once but it also has crashed at start up as well.

I also clicked into new game or setting and crash. This is on both steam and none steam versions.

Here is the latest crash from the non-steam version at 8:33 pm

Here is the crash log from apple.
Factorio-Crash-No-Steam-08-09-21.txt
Apple Crash Log 8:33 PST
(65.03 KiB) Downloaded 164 times
Here is the Factorio Current
factorio-current.txt
Factorio Current 8:33 PST
(4.33 KiB) Downloaded 167 times
Please help someone. I love this game.

Driesel
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [1.1.39][mac] Crash on start, boring log

Post by Driesel »

Hi, same issue here, ever since 1.1.39 update game won't start (except for 1 time?) for me.

Log:
factorio-current.log
startup crash log
(4.89 KiB) Downloaded 110 times
Did no actions except have steam do the automatic update, then issue started happening.

Silari
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Silari »

Driesel wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:14 am
Hi, same issue here, ever since 1.1.39 update game won't start (except for 1 time?) for me.

Log:
factorio-current.log

Did no actions except have steam do the automatic update, then issue started happening.
See my reply in OPs other thread about the issue: viewtopic.php?p=552418#p552418 as it seems yours is also getting a SIGSEGV signal and terminating. Could be a HW issue so run the builtin tests.

You can try backing up your factorio user folder and downgrading to 1.1.38 (or whatever the last version you know worked fine was) through Steam's Beta option for factorio. If it really was the update that should resolve it and can help pinpoint potential issues, if it isn't something hardware related.

Note that downgrading Factorio version can remove your blueprint library and mod settings and such, as they won't read them if they were touched by a newer version. Save games would be fine, and it SHOULD make a copy of your BP library before making a new empty one, but make a backup anyway.

Kelton
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Kelton »

Silari wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:36 pm
Driesel wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:14 am

Log:
factorio-current.log

You can try backing up your factorio user folder and downgrading to 1.1.38 (or whatever the last version you know worked fine was) through Steam's Beta option for factorio. If it really was the update that should resolve it and can help pinpoint potential issues, if it isn't something hardware related.
I re-installed steam and re-installed Factorio and then made sure I was running 1.1.38 and I have been happily playing for over an hour now. So I am fairly certain the issue with 1.1.39 is an issue with Factorio and OSX 10.11.6.

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by boskid »

Ok we have a theory of what may be broken and it is most likely the same issue as in 100012.

Could you verify if this issue is still happening when you disable background simulations (same steps as in 100012)? We suspect this issue may be due to scripting feature introduced in 1.1.39 related to equipment grid and some of the background simulations obviously meet those conditions due to their scripting.

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by boskid »

Ok this issue should be fixed in 1.1.40 as stated in 100012

Return to “Duplicates”