[1.1.33] Inserters lock onto curved rails and fail to recognize other targets

Things that has been reported already before.
Drogiwan Cannobi
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[1.1.33] Inserters lock onto curved rails and fail to recognize other targets

Post by Drogiwan Cannobi »

Hi there,
This is not really a full blown bug but I noticed some odd inserter behavior yesterday:
When you build an inserter facing a curved rail (with enough room left to build a target chest) it will lock into "train feeding mode" and not notice when a chest is built in front of it. When you build or blueprint the chest first, it works. When you delete the chest and rebuild it, it breaks again. I've uploaded a video of the problem to reddit.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [1.1.33] Inserters lock onto curved rails and fail to recognize other targets

Post by eradicator »

Did you try to search for "inserter" + "rail"? 78703
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

Drogiwan Cannobi
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [1.1.33] Inserters lock onto curved rails and fail to recognize other targets

Post by Drogiwan Cannobi »

Woops, I forgot about forum etiquette, sorry about that. Will remember to do a proper search next time!
I don't see a way to delete the post, but feel free to close or delete it if possible.
(Still, it seems a little unusual for factorio that this has been around for 3 years, seems to be considered undesirable (at least by Rseding) and still wasn't changed.)

Return to “Duplicates”