[1.1.11] Unable to place ghosts further than player reach

Things that has been reported already before.
TediBare123
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.1.11] Unable to place ghosts further than player reach

Post by TediBare123 »

Item ghosts cannot be placed outside of normal player reach radius. When placed within standard reach, item ghosts function normally. When placed further away, the ghost indicator by the cursor is still present but clicking has no effect. Example shown with steel chests below, with ghosts being placed within player reach and attempting to be placed further than player reach: [I can't upload the video of the example yet but will update the post].

This issue seems to apply to all items (though not tested exhaustively, it affects all items shown in my quickbars along with a few others I tried). Rail ghost paths can reach further than player reach (provided the path originates within the player's reach). Being within reach of any type of roboport has no effect.

Note: The map shown in the gif was created in 1.0, currently running 1.1.11 with no mods (white chunks on map have not been interacted with since running a snow texture mod). Bug was also present on new freeplay map.

Edit: Just noticed a bug report had already been posted while preparing this report (viewtopic.php?f=30&t=94394), thank you kovarex for preparing a fix for .12!

Return to “Duplicates”