[kovarex] [1.1.6] "Matching server connection failed, error 10049" when resuming game with "Continue:Host"

Things that has been reported already before.
martinekopl
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[kovarex] [1.1.6] "Matching server connection failed, error 10049" when resuming game with "Continue:Host"

Post by martinekopl »

Hello, I'm not sure if im just extremely unlucky, or it is a bug, anyways reporting it just in case.

What did you do?
I Press the ''continue : Host {new}'' <- new is my savegame name without brackets

What happened?
1) When the map loads, it always printed ''matching server connection failed''. After i quit to main menu, and do it manually (host game the old way....) it works fine (matching server connection resumed.

2) After trying this multiple times, i'm no longer able to recreate this possible bug, but i ran into a error code every time now (only when using the continue button, manual server host works fine). https://ctrlv.cz/zz9m even tho im a bit experienced in networking, no idea what this refers to

What did you expect to happen instead? It might be obvious to you, but do it anyway!
Start a game - load the save and start the public server (findable in the server list)

Write down the steps to reproduce the bug if you know them.
Press the continue button with my map option

Does it happen always, once, or sometimes?
the first bug happens ALWAYS on the first ''continue'' button press, thats why i think it should be fixed if it is not a problem on my end. The second one (with the image i posted above) happens after i do these things: Start the game -> Press continue button -> load the map and says matching server connnection failed -> save map -> quit to main menu -> press continue button -> error appears when it tries to load the map.
Also i should add i run a small amount of QoL mods, but i believe these should not cause these errors, as they are pretty popular mods which did not cause any problems before

Be precise!
well, posted as good as i can above. writing in english so it is availble for everyone, but i can provide more info with maybe better explanation in Czech. Attaching Current log and a save game
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(13.63 KiB) Downloaded 109 times
New.zip
(5.37 MiB) Downloaded 90 times

TheYsconator
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [1.1.6] Possible Continue:Host button bug

Post by TheYsconator »

Hmm I don't know if I should create a new post or add to this one, as I believe my issue is very much related (and would have the same title).

In any case; when hosting a multiplayer game, not all settings are (re)stored correctly when using the 'continue' button. In particular, I had non-blocking saving enabled, but when continuing to host the save, that was not enabled.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [kovarex] [1.1.6] "Matching server connection failed, error 10049" when resuming game with "Continue:Host"

Post by kovarex »

Hello, this is probably the same problem as this 93751, as the game remembered resolved IP instead of re-resolving it when you try to join, which results into the continue button not working when the IP address was changed since you last played.

So I'm moving it to duplicates and should be solved for 1.1.9

martinekopl
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [kovarex] [1.1.6] "Matching server connection failed, error 10049" when resuming game with "Continue:Host"

Post by martinekopl »

Fixed. Thanks!
EDIT: Bug still persist in 1.1.12, i just did not notice the matching connection failed

Return to “Duplicates”