Reconsideration of "won't fix" bug regarding ghost-poles not being connected.

Things that has been reported already before.
bcwhite
Inserter
Inserter

Reconsideration of "won't fix" bug regarding ghost-poles not being connected.

Post by bcwhite »

I added a comment to a "won't fix" bug but I'm not sure it was seen.
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=91880

This is not a "minor" issue, nor is it always easily corrected.

If anyone works with a sandbox that has designs that are fully or partially "ghost" (which is often the simplest way) then the upgrade from 1.0 to 1.1 will break those designs. If that breakage is not noticed, which is likely, and a new blueprint is captured from it, then the blueprint becomes broken. At this point, there's no way back other than reverting to an older save... if there is one. If that blueprint is then shared, the corruption spreads.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Reconsideration of "won't fix" bug regarding ghost-poles not being connected.

Post by Loewchen »

This is only a one time issue with migrated save files, if you disagree make a feature request not a duplicate report.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Reconsideration of "won't fix" bug regarding ghost-poles not being connected.

Post by eradicator »

Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

bcwhite
Inserter
Inserter

Post by bcwhite »

It's not a duplicate report as the original report was about a placed blueprint having to be placed again.

I'm telling you that the bug is damaging a blueprint template: a work that is kept around and modified as need be. Blueprints are then taken from that for use in the factory.

After the update to v1.1, this template factory is damaged and then blueprints made from it are incorrect. In that, it's not a one-time thing. It's persistent with no easy fix.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

How about this?

Code: Select all

/c
  for _,e in pairs(game.player.surface.find_entities_filtered{ghost_type='electric-pole'}) do
    game.player.surface.create_entity{
      name = 'entity-ghost',
      ghost_name = e.ghost_name,
      force = e.force,
      position = e.position,
      }
    e.destroy()
    end
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

Return to “Duplicates”