[1.0.0] Spidertron building

Things that has been reported already before.
poposs
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.0.0] Spidertron building

Post by poposs »

Hello to everyone,

When driving with the spidertron (player in the spidertron) with construction robots and personal roboport in the player's inventory and power armor:

If the spidertron is moving the robots will not dispatch to construct/disconstruct buildings. However if the player is on foot it will.

To build in the spidertron, the player must stop moving making the use of the spidertron for building more tedious than on foot (this and the inertia of the spidertron but for the last part why not).

To my opinion, robots should dispatch when the spidertron is moving. I see this problem as a bug but the devs can have a different opinion so maybe I am wrong.

Best regards,

poposs
Last edited by poposs on Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Spidertron building

Post by valneq »

There are certain issues with bots working from a moving vehicle. If the vehicle is too fast, the bots (without movement upgrades) might not be abele to catch back up with the vehicle after finishing their building task. In that sense, there should be a maximum speed of the vehicle for the bots to still dispatch, and it should be slightly smaller than the bot speed.

Gamatron332
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Gamatron332 »

there is an option to make it so that robots only dispatch when moving in the grid section. you may have this disabled.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

I would say, this is a duplicate of this: 88018

And/Or, you just need to enable the logistics while moving checkbox:
Attachments
factorio_2020-10-30_16-49-27.png
factorio_2020-10-30_16-49-27.png (75.03 KiB) Viewed 2976 times

poposs
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [1.0.0] Spidertron building

Post by poposs »

With the "Enable logistics while moving" box checked, the behaviours of building with the spidertron and on foot are different:

On foot it is way more smooth while with the spidertron sometimes robots does not dispatch.

To make the problem a bit clearer here is a video that demonstrate my issue.

https://youtu.be/E-DiFBUn9F4

You can see that with the spidertron the robots did not build thoses roboports and IMO must have. The need of a direction change or a stop is required for the robots to dispatch.

However on foot everything is working.
Last edited by poposs on Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

poposs wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:29 pm
With the "Enable logistics while moving" box checked, the behaviours of building with the spidertron and on foot are different:

On foot it is way more smooth while with the spidertron sometimes robots does not dispatch.

To make the problem a bit clearer here is a video that demonstrate my issue.

https://youtu.be/E-DiFBUn9F4

You can see that with the spidertron the robots did not build thoses roboports and IMO must have. The need of a direction change or a stop is required for the bot to dispatch.

However on foot everything is working.
That has nothing to do with "enable logistics while moving": the spider doesn't dispatch a robot because the robot can't keep up with the spider and will fall behind as you walk away. the same thing happens if you get into a train and drive past some ghosts: your robots won't go build them because they can't catch up to the fast-moving train you're in.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

poposs
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by poposs »

Thank you for making me understand.

I just need to upgrade my robots speed or decrease the speed of my spidertron.

Return to “Duplicates”