[kovarex] [1.0.0] Nested blueprint books cause blueprints to act differently

Things that has been reported already before.
JustObv
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[kovarex] [1.0.0] Nested blueprint books cause blueprints to act differently

Post by JustObv »

Hello, I've noticed that when placing Blueprints from nested blueprint books, interaction with some objects aren't disabled.

When using a nested book's blueprint, it interact with objects - most notably power-poles. Like opening the electricity GUI and shift+clicks 'remove wires' functionality.

However, while using the same single blueprint, outside of the nested book as an inventory item or alone in a book. - interactions with power-poles (other items untested) are totally disabled.

I've tested this on both a pretty heavily modded save, but I can replicate the same functionality in Vanilla 1.0.0, By placing one section of the "Straight" track from the attached blueprint copy/paste, waiting until it's built, and shift+click placing another copy of the blueprint on-top of itself.

I can understand if this is intended, But it's quite an annoyance to have the nice organisation be detrimental.
Attachments
FactorioNestedRailingRHD.txt
Nested Blueprint book, "Straight" in "Railing RHD 1:1" has shown the off functionality in all my short testing.
(50.34 KiB) Downloaded 33 times

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.0.0] Nested blueprint books cause blueprints to act differently

Post by kovarex »

Helo, thanks for the report.

I belive this to be a duplicate of 87695

Return to “Duplicates”