[0.18.45] Damaged items on bus

Things that has been reported already before.
Tami
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.18.45] Damaged items on bus

Post by Tami »

In the savegame, im sitting next the assembler that stops working while enough material is available. But there is a common issue, that belts and damage belts are different entities, that are not allowed to be mixed in an assembler like "damaged" science flasks and labs.

The issue is, there is no way to track damaged items on bus at all, so a sudden work stop of factory working may occur, while the player has no clue at all, why this is happening at all. So assemblers should accept mixed condition of any item to avoid this issue.
Attachments
damagedBelts.zip
(17.8 MiB) Downloaded 58 times

Tami
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.18.45] Damaged items on bus

Post by Tami »

https://youtu.be/PCLr9U6nEQk

*edit how do i add a youtube video here, that is visible like a pic

Tami
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.18.45] Damaged items on bus

Post by Tami »

If i mix a 10% cond item and a 90% cond item, this stack will contain 2 items with 50% cond.
If i mix a 10% cond item and a 100% cond item, the stack could have 55% cond, if these stacks are inside a processing machine, not in player inventory.
There is a issue, that you dont see the condition of items, while they are on top of belt, the health bar is missing (bug?). Also if your base is growing and logistic bots deliver damaged items to requester chests like in this case, storage chests, it is not possible to filter these chests to disallow damaged items at all.

For a player it is an unintentional behavior, if a factory suddenly stops working and the player has no clue at all, because you can't see damaged items at all, like in the savegame/video. You can see the factory stops working and this leads to the issue, player will report this as a bug because at any time, a bot delivered damaged items to the bus while players have no way to track these items.

Return to “Duplicates”