[0.18.0] First save of new game defaults to name of most previous save

Things that has been reported already before.
malventano
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[0.18.0] First save of new game defaults to name of most previous save

Post by malventano »

Steps to reproduce:
- Have an existing recent save.
- Create a new game.
- Attempt to save the map.
- Note that the default name is the most recent save.
- If using the default by reflex, cringe that you overwrote your last save of your previous map.
Solution:
- The first save of a new game should override the default (most recent save name) and instead use a blank or anything other than the most recent save name.
Not a solution:
- Add a save game overwrite dialogue (folks will just blow right through that as they would be used to doing on every save).
- Call this 'not a bug'.

Prior references:
[0.15.9] Default save name overwrites different game (May 2017 - mod requested to make a development suggestion)
Make save game overwrites less dangerous (Development suggestion that has gone ignored for 3 years)

Devs, I know your mod has stated that this is not a bug, but you guys are gearing up for a major release of this game, so it's time to address this UX issue. The default first-save behavior needs to be in-line with behavior seen in other things that have saves. No other app or game that I've seen defaults to overwriting the previous save when creating a new file / starting a new game.
Allyn Malventano
---
Want to improve fluid flow between pumps / across longer distances? Try my Manifolds mod.

malventano
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.18.0] First save of new game defaults to name of most previous save

Post by malventano »

Unsure why this was moved to duplicates as there does not appear to be another active report on this bug...?
Allyn Malventano
---
Want to improve fluid flow between pumps / across longer distances? Try my Manifolds mod.

Return to “Duplicates”