[0.17.69] Collision box offset of cargo trains

Things that has been reported already before.
Haphollas
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.17.69] Collision box offset of cargo trains

Post by Haphollas »

I am using a train layout of 2 Locomotives - 8 cargo - 6 loco - 8 cargo - 2 loco. When designing a U-shaped station i saw an issue with the inserters. An Inserter which is clearly not next to the cargo wagon (looks like it's between two wagons) is able to insert items into the wagon. Another inserter which is right next to it can't insert items.
Bilka already looked at it and he said that the collision boxes look completely off.
I have uploaded a savegame to google drive because i don't know if i can fully replicate the error. To enable the Inserters just turn on the constant combinator next to the player.
Save File

EDIT:
This 'bug' only happens on vertical rails - the horizontal rails are looking ok

Haphollas
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.17.69] Collision box offset of cargo trains

Post by Haphollas »

in case of inserters it might not be that bad. it's even worse if you try to connect pumps to this train...
In the picture i've exchanged the cargo wagons with fluid wagons and as you can see the pumps won't connect
https://imgur.com/a/bfeezwg

EDIT:
I have updated the download to show the 'bug' in sandbox mode
Save File

You can see that this bug only occours in vertical stations for cargo wagons. In case of fluid wagons the latter part of the train won't connect to the pumps at all (horizontal and vertical)

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [0.17.69] Collision box offset of cargo trains

Post by Loewchen »

Haphollas wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:51 am
in case of inserters it might not be that bad. it's even worse if you try to connect pumps to this train...
In the picture i've exchanged the cargo wagons with fluid wagons and as you can see the pumps won't connect
https://imgur.com/a/bfeezwg
Yes, as is documented already, use the search function to find those reports.
Haphollas wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:51 am
You can see that this bug only occours in vertical stations for cargo wagons.
Yes, exactly as in the report I linked, making your report a duplicate.

Return to “Duplicates”