Wires, blueprints

Things that has been reported already before.
kitters
Inserter
Inserter

Wires, blueprints

Post by kitters »

If poles are enough close to each other, they connect after releasing blueprint however they were when bp was creating. It hinders creating bp with power switches, for example.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Wires, blueprints

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report however that's working as intended. Blueprints do not persist wire connections because if they did they would never end up connected once built.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

kitters
Inserter
Inserter

Post by kitters »

okey, it's not a bug, but it should be fixed for sure someday. because it's pretty annoying, automation is impossible now, i have to fix manually every segment. Even current simple solution "poles would be unable to reconnect" is okay, i think. In case i someday want them to reconnect, i will just destroy the pole and put another one in one second.

But complex solution is obviosly better, for future work. For example, another principle of connection. Not just "close=connect" rule at the moment of building and corrections after, but memorizing in every pole all its connections... or something.

p.s. sorry for duplicating, i really tried to find another topics with this discussions, but i didn't find original one(

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

The only way to build power switches in blueprints is to place poles far enough apart that they do not connect and place the power switch in the middle. Takes a bit of planing and maybe a bit more space but there is no way around it.

Trebor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Trebor »

There’s a power pole mod with a 3x3 area for just this problem.

Edit: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/TinyPole

Return to “Duplicates”