[0.17.66] Train Signal bug I'm not sure if I can reproduce.

Things that has been reported already before.
Squish8294
Inserter
Inserter

[0.17.66] Train Signal bug I'm not sure if I can reproduce.

Post by Squish8294 »

So I have this train stacker on my save that I'm currently tinkering in.

One of my signals bugged and wasn't reading the train. Deleting and replacing the signal and re-setting the conditions was the only way to solve the bug.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApkOLSVyv_erhaV3gXf ... g?e=gfCqih

Contained within are two autosaves that precede me noticing the signal / it being bugged. I'm not sure which exact scenario applies. The save labeled SIGNAL BUGGED is the one it's definitively bugged in.

Modlist: https://i.imgur.com/c08jKWo.png

What should happen: The signal should read the train in the block, and close, reading RED = +1 on RED wire and GREEN wire.

What actually happens: The signal does NOT read the train in its block, and reads NOTHING onto RED wire and GREEN wire.

The circuit logic to control this stacker's input and output is simple and easy to figure out. In essence it's controlled as such:

If a situation occurs where you have for instance, 5-4-3-2-1, and trains fill up stacker slots 1, 2, 3, and a train reserves 4 while #3 leaves, NO other trains can depart that stacker while 3 is empty. It is intended that the train enter slot 3 in this scenario.

Squish8294
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.17.66] Train Signal bug I'm not sure if I can reproduce.

Post by Squish8294 »

Double post because this details what I did to try to fix it.

What was tried:

Manually backing the train out of the stacker lane that's bugged, and driving it back into the block.

Manually driving the train forwards out of the lane that's bugged, driving it back around and bypassing the input (this took 30 minutes), and slotting it into the same spot.

Toggling the signal's read/close states via circuit network.

Toggling the constant combinator off and back on.

Driving non-bugged trains out and back in of the slots neighboring the bugged lane, as above, forwards and reverse were tried.

Deleting the signal, placing it back, and re-wiring it to both green and red networks, and re-setting the circuit conditions. This is the one that worked.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

Post a save with the player next to the issue please.

Squish8294
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Squish8294 »

I did. I'm standing directly on the signal with the issue in SIGNAL BUGGED

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

Using your name places me correctly.
Your logic only works if no train can enter a holding bay after the entrance signal gets circuit closed, this is flawed as there is a window where a train already on route will ignore such a signal. The result is what you see: no output signal because the signal was forced closed, but a train inside because it ignored the red entrance signal.

If you are sure this is not what happened provide reproduction steps for what you think responsible.

quale
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by quale »

Return to “Duplicates”