[Dominik] [0.17.49] Crash When Copying Assembler Attributes (Assembler with Fluid Intake)

Things that has been reported already before.
Degenatron
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[Dominik] [0.17.49] Crash When Copying Assembler Attributes (Assembler with Fluid Intake)

Post by Degenatron »

I have a reproducible crash condition when copying the attributes (Shift + Right Click) from a Blue Assembler and pasting (Shift + Left Click) them onto another Blue Assembler. The target Assemblers (those that are to have the attributed copied onto) are recently built by construction robots. They start as ghosts copied and placed much earlier and still have the old attributes on them (Yellow Underground Conveyor). I have waited after the construction bots have built the target assemblers, and the mere act of building them does not seem to be the source of the crash. It is only when the attributes from the source assemblers (Blue Conveyor Splitters) are pasted onto the Target Assembler(s) is when the crash occurs.

I believe this is on the latest experimental version. My version number is 0.17.49
No mods are installed.

I have attached the log file.
I have attached a screen shot with instructions on reproducing the crash.
And the save file can be downloaded from this link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12hN3ON ... sp=sharing

Also, the work around is to delete the Target Assemblers, rebuild them, then copy the attributes on to them.

=============================================================================================================================

I hope I did this right. I searched for this crash in the forums but didn't find anything.

Sorry this is my first post, but it's a testament to your excellent crash pop-up message. Also, 1400+ hours played and this is my first crash (or ANY error). Your Beta is far better than most "AAA" final products.

Thanks for the amazing work you guys do on this game.
Attachments
Crash_Repo Screen Shot.jpg
Crash_Repo Screen Shot.jpg (433.05 KiB) Viewed 567 times
factorio-current.log
(4.61 KiB) Downloaded 47 times

Dominik
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: [Dominik] [0.17.49] Crash When Copying Assembler Attributes (Assembler with Fluid Intake)

Post by Dominik »

Hi, this is a duplicate of 71776.
It is interesting that nobody reported this bug for past five or so versions where it was present, and now there are two reports at once.

Return to “Duplicates”