[0.17.47] Construction Bots Cycling Between Distant Roboports

Things that has been reported already before.
psa
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.17.47] Construction Bots Cycling Between Distant Roboports

Post by psa »

I have a new area I'm filling in which is parallel to another set of roboports from another lake I previously filled in. The bots are cycling between these two sets of roboports (they go to one side, charge, then fly off to the other) rather than doing their assigned work. For the most part, they are meant to be filling in a lake with landfill (although there are a few which are carrying rail and other parts for my new outpost). There are local resources for them to use, they don't need to take the long path to fetch.

There is some chance this is related to either or both of these, but the behavior is not quite what's described in either, so I'm filing a new report:
* viewtopic.php?f=47&t=69615&p=423483&hil ... ot#p423483
* viewtopic.php?f=29&t=60580&p=364305&hilit=bot#p364305

Creating a cross-connect of roboports between the two points seems to have caused them to mostly unstick, although there is still unexpected traffic between the two outposts.
Attachments
bot-pathfinding-bug-cross-connect.zip
Adding a robobort cross-connect causes pathing to unstick
(37.24 MiB) Downloaded 68 times
bot-pathfinding-bug.zip
Bots cycling between two outposts
(37.73 MiB) Downloaded 64 times

homeropata
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.17.47] Construction Bots Cycling Between Distant Roboports

Post by homeropata »

This is a problem which I also have in different situations. (Another example when they fly over enemy territory because that is the shortest.)
I think the solution would be if for the robots leaving the roboport area shouldn't allowed, and if they get outside then they should hurry back to the closest.
I suppose the problem would be then that they should have more complex pathfindig algorithm so they can find their way thorught the covered area.
Still it would be nice.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.47] Construction Bots Cycling Between Distant Roboports

Post by Bilka »

Duplicate of 60608 and similar
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

Return to “Duplicates”