[0.17.X] missing material for const. constantly change

Things that has been reported already before.
wischi
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.17.X] missing material for const. constantly change

Post by wischi »

I'm currently on 0.17.32 (but my guess it that this applies to almost all versions)

Building jobs in logistic networks don't show total number of missing items but some randomly changing stuff.

This was reported a while ago (viewtopic.php?f=23&t=47610&p=392103) and moved to not-a-bug. Maybe it's not a bug in a technical sense (because it works as intended/implemented) but I'd sill consider it an usability issue because for large builds the numbers are completly meaningless and misleading.

I understand that increasing the number of jobs the robots have to do "think about" would have performance implications but as a user/player I'm not interessted at the inner workings of the system or the jobs that constructions bots are considering, I'd like to see the total number of ghost items in logistic/construction networks.

"Just" sum up the ghost entities in logistic areas (minus the stuff in the logistic system); don't have to be every tick and could event be spread across many tick (only count specific chunks during a tick)
I'm (and my guess is almost all players are) only interessted in what's missing, not what jobs the bots are currently "thinking" about.

Would like to hear your thoughts about that.

Thanks for your work.
Last edited by wischi on Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.X] missing material for const. constantly change

Post by Bilka »

wischi wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:05 am
This was reported a while ago (viewtopic.php?f=23&t=47610&p=392103)
Moved to duplicates.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

wischi
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by wischi »

@Bilka
I wrote why I think that this is still an issue. Does this mean, that this won't be fixed? Or even be considered?

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

My post only means that your post is a duplicate of another post. Usually you will want to discuss the issue on the original post.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

Return to “Duplicates”