[0.17.32] Game Screen flickering/going black when to many circuit network components are on the screen.

Things that has been reported already before.
Speiger
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.17.32] Game Screen flickering/going black when to many circuit network components are on the screen.

Post by Speiger »

Referencing this bug: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=68673&p=418023#p418023

This bug is back, this time it appeared when i placed a "Tetris Game Blueprint".
It started flickering badly on certain zoom levels, and when standing in the middle of it i was able to keep the entire screen black on 1 zoom level (not even max).

(I got the blueprint from that)
https://factorioprints.com/view/-KyeMziG8iuBHixG7ld-

System settings havent changed, also the results with linux haven't changed either. (So its a win10 problem again)

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.32] Game Screen flickering/going black when to many circuit network components are on the screen.

Post by posila »

Thanks for the report.
As I mentioned in 68673 the underlying issue is not fixes (even though it shouldn't cause many flicker, anyway), but accumulators were changed so they don't trigger the flicker.

General flicker issue is being logged under: 69022

Speiger
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.17.32] Game Screen flickering/going black when to many circuit network components are on the screen.

Post by Speiger »

yeah, i just wanted to provide that info.

It's really interesting. If you fix that bug I would like to know what exactly the solution/issue was. (Maybe can be useful to other game devs)

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

The "fix" will probably be using flip presentation model by default, as there are many reasons to prefer it over legacy blit. In fact it was used by default for a few weeks after finishing initial graphics rewrite, but it had some unexpected consequences so I reverted to blit presentation model that was used with Direct3D 9 rendering in 0.16 until I have more time to address the issues.

Speiger
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Speiger »

New Info of that matter (though reached in modded)

If i had a very large inventory with items, (warehousing mod) and there is a ton of item icons in the inventory visible my screen goes black if my screen was zoomed out.

So this is not limited to inworld renderring but also UI (I assume that still flows in the same system just wanted to give new infos that happen to show up)

Speiger
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Speiger »

Ok since 0.17.36 the issue went down drastically. I can not remember if it happend to me again.
So yeah fixes regarding that seem to work. If anything shows up i am just going to open another bugreport.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

Thanks for updates ... did you mean since 0.17.36 (released last week) or 37 (released yesterday)?

Return to “Duplicates”