[0.17.32] Incompatability when connecting to stress test on 21/07/2019 with vanila install from steam.

Things that has been reported already before.
NicolaeHC
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.17.32] Incompatability when connecting to stress test on 21/07/2019 with vanila install from steam.

Post by NicolaeHC »

Hi Folks,

I was having this problem when trying to connect to the stress test yesterday (21/04/2019). I had steam with the game with the latest experimental update 0.17.32.

I would wait in the queue to connect then be told that
after the download was completed.

Here is the link to the log
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Nicol ... urrent.log

Kind Regards,
NicolaeHC

luc
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.17.32] Incompatability when connecting to stress test on 21/07/2019 with vanila install from steam.

Post by luc »

Looks similar to my bug a few days ago: viewtopic.php?f=47&t=69585

The answer was "you messed up the game files, just do a fresh install". I don't remember messing with my files, though. Did you do anything odd to your files?

At the very least, I'd say the error is a little misleading for being, as the dev said, "a catch for when people do one of the above things and corrupt their local game files". You'd think that the error could at least include something like "Try doing a fresh install of the game".

NicolaeHC
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.17.32] Incompatability when connecting to stress test on 21/07/2019 with vanila install from steam.

Post by NicolaeHC »

Hi Luc,

Thanks for that, that would appear to be the same problem that I'm having.

I will fallow the rabbit hole and remove my steam Factorio directory, in an attempt to fix it.

Thank you, and sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,
NicolaeHC

Return to “Duplicates”