0.17.31 Landfill Ghost Objects Missing/Ignored - Bots on Strike

Things that has been reported already before.
RiiDii
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

0.17.31 Landfill Ghost Objects Missing/Ignored - Bots on Strike

Post by RiiDii »

Summary: I was filling in a large lake with landfill using an isolated bot network. The bots seemed to go on strike and just wouldn't work even though there was plenty of landfill available and landfill ghosts to be filled in. Later, I discovered the number of Objects listed as to be built (lower center-left side of the screen) was inconsistent with the actual number of landfill ghosts - and would vary over time.

Key components:
- n Roboports in an isolated network
- approximately 350 Construction Bots
- 24 Passive Provider Chests in range of the logistics area of at least one Roboport connected to the local network
--- Sufficient landfill in each Passive Provider Chest
--- In my case, the Passive Provider Chests were loaded from a train - typical configuration of 6 chests on each side of the rails for each of the two boxcars
- A large lake within the construction area of the local network with copy/paste landfill ghosts (a blueprint was not used)
--- Most of the lake was covered with landfill ghosts ~80%

Important observations:
- At one point, the bots were completely idle in the Roboports (e.g. not charging) while many landfill ghosts remained in the network area and approximately 1.4k landfill was available in the passive provider chests. Unfortunately, this was not captured via video or screenshot.
- When hovering over the passive provider chests, I noticed that about 21 stones were available in the network, but that's in my trash slots and not in chests.

Other components probably not key to the situation.
- Railroad, rail stop, 2 train engines w/fuel, and 2 boxcars
- about radar dishes
- 1 car
- Electric Poles, and Large Electric Poles.
- 24 Stack Inserters

Video demonstrating the inconsistency of the network reading the remaining landfill objects to fill in, and the bots taking unauthorized breaks.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HpO0Ke ... sp=sharing

Logfile
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fCc23J ... sp=sharing
Lazy Robots
Lazy Robots
Roboport - Lazy Bots.png (4.22 MiB) Viewed 3072 times
Landfill Available in Chests
Landfill Available in Chests
Passive Provider Chests.png (4.2 MiB) Viewed 3072 times
Bots start working after coffee break
Bots start working after coffee break
Bots decide to start working after a coffee break.png (4.22 MiB) Viewed 3072 times

DaleStan
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: 0.17.31 Landfill Ghost Objects Missing/Ignored - Bots on Strike

Post by DaleStan »

There's something that looks odd between about 2:00 and 2:45 in that video. Is that where the coffee break happens?

If so, please post a save from just before the robots go on break, or at least post a video showing the robots that are on break.

RiiDii
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by RiiDii »

There are fluctuations in the number of Construction bots that are available throughout the video. However, at around 1:30, the number starts to increase steadily (but probably not consistently) until all the bots are on strike. Here's that shortened version:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nza9aW ... sp=sharing

TruePikachu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by TruePikachu »

How many tile ghosts exist on the map which can't be satisfied (from either no construction coverage or missing materials)?

RiiDii
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by RiiDii »

I'm going to guess in the neighborhood of 100k.
Other grabbing a copy, blueprint, or deconstructor and selecting areas, is there any way to tell?

RiiDii
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by RiiDii »

Here's a zoomed-out snapshot of the lake. I have another one that has landfill that is not in construction zones.
LakeFill.png
LakeFill.png (3.84 MiB) Viewed 3039 times

TruePikachu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by TruePikachu »

If you do, in fact, have that many tile ghosts that can't be built, NaB. For performance reasons, the game only checks a certain number of entity ghosts and a certain number of tile ghosts (these used to be pooled together) every tick. Right now, it's stuck trying to check which of those 100k tile ghosts can be built.

Simply don't leave such massive quantities of ghosts outstanding in such a way they can't be constructed.

Return to “Duplicates”