[0.17.24] Pollution display inconsistencies and minor typos

Things that has been reported already before.
Ultros
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.17.24] Pollution display inconsistencies and minor typos

Post by Ultros »

The pollution overhaul recently changed the values for pollutant generation and absorption significantly, most notably where the biter/spitter pollution absorption per spawn was changed in 0.17.12 viewtopic.php?f=3&t=67694

The wiki page for pollution https://wiki.factorio.com/Pollution was correctly upgraded, and in-game debug hover for the biter spawners also correctly shows the new values, however the pollution generation tooltips are still showing incorrect numbers (per second, instead of per minute).

For example, an assembler 2 with 6 speed-3 modules shows up in the in-game hover tooltip as producing 15.6 pollution per second, however checking the actual pollution production GUI shows that the actual value is roughtly 15.6 pollution per *minute* instead. The same applies to miners, smelters, centrifuges, and pumpjacks. This inconsistency appears to be generalised across the entire wiki and game.

There is also a minor typo on the debug hover tooltip for biter spawners "polution absorbed" and "polution needed".
Last edited by Ultros on Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MasterBuilder
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.17.24] Pollution display inconsistencies and minor typos

Post by MasterBuilder »

Partial dupe of viewtopic.php?f=7&t=68269
That has the per-minute/second issue.

The typo is new though I think.
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.24] Pollution display inconsistencies and minor typos

Post by Bilka »

I fixed the typos for the next version. The rest of the bug report is indeed a duplicate of the linked topic. I am moving this to duplicates because the locale fix is very insignificant and the discussion of the other bug should stay in that topic. Regardless, thanks for the report.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

Return to “Duplicates”