[0.17.10] Campaign, Introduction, Arrival: Crash when completing Compilatron's chest

Things that has been reported already before.
Der_tolle_Emil
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.17.10] Campaign, Introduction, Arrival: Crash when completing Compilatron's chest

Post by Der_tolle_Emil »

The game crashes for me when I place the last item into Compilatron's chest. This is not a LUA error like in 17.9 but the Factorio crashing completely:

---------------------------
Error
Unexpected error occurred. If you're running the latest version of the game you can help us solve the problem by posting the contents of the log file on the Factorio forums.
Please also include the save file(s), any mods you may be using, and any steps you know of to reproduce the crash.

Log file location: C:\Users\emil4\AppData\Roaming\Factorio\factorio-current.log

Would you like to open the folder containing the log file?
Yes No

I tried it twice, same result. When placing the last item in the chest the game freezes, the objective complete sound still manages to play but then it crashes. I attached two log files, one from my first try (regular game play) and one from the second time where I used cheat mode to get to that objective faster.
Attachments
factorio-current - 2nd try.log
(8.62 KiB) Downloaded 67 times
factorio-current - 1st try.log
(8.7 KiB) Downloaded 76 times
Last edited by Der_tolle_Emil on Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ARandomStone
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.17.10] Campaign, Introduction, Arrival: Crash when completing

Post by ARandomStone »

In the mission where i have to supply the Compilatron's chest with a burner miner, belts and a furnace I get the crash too.
This happens only if i currently have no furnace placed or in my inventory.

BRUL
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by BRUL »

Same problem for me, provided an additional log file.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(5.1 KiB) Downloaded 82 times

Der_tolle_Emil
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Der_tolle_Emil »

Here's a save game of my campaign, only thing missing is putting the two belts I just handcrafted into the chest.
Attachments
campaigncrash.zip
(2.02 MiB) Downloaded 81 times

Selak
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.17.10] Campaign, Introduction, Arrival: Crash when completing Compilatron's chest

Post by Selak »

I get the same crash on a fresh newly installed client. (bought today and then joined the 0.17.x beta) No mods installed.

Crash happens at same point mentioned in OP. Two crash logs attached. I had two memory dumps but one is no longer present in the game directory. I have made a back-up of the remaining dump file in case it is needed.
Attachments
factorio-previous.log
(8.55 KiB) Downloaded 65 times
factorio-current.log
(5.45 KiB) Downloaded 75 times

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.10] Campaign, Introduction, Arrival: Crash when completing Compilatron's chest

Post by Bilka »

Duplicate of 67428 - Fixed in 0.17.11.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

Return to “Duplicates”