[0.17.6] unable to select items

Things that has been reported already before.
Amarula
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[0.17.6] unable to select items

Post by Amarula »

What did I do?
I picked up a factory to move it somewhere else.

What happened?
I could not select the factory from the quickbar or from my inventory using left click. I could select placed factories, chests etc and inspect them. I tried to save and quit, and I could not click any buttons in the menu. I could not select the button to change or set the recipe for a placed factory.

I was able to get around the problem by using the number keys to select items from the quick bar. Once I was holding them, I could place them. I was able to use copy and paste to set the recipe. I could mine placed entities, move around, pick up items from chests using Ctrl-left click, everything except using left click to select items seemed to work as normal.

After placing a few items (more than 4, less than 10), checking for save and quit each time, the problem resolved itself.

I was fairly early in a new game started fresh with 0.17.6. I had research queue set to Always, and I was researching train automation (train stations), with train signals queued to research next. I had just placed my first train tracks; I was moving the factory to make room to build stations and signals. No mods, vanilla 0.17.6.

No crash so no log file.
My own personal Factorio super-power - running out of power.

invisus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.17.6] unable to select items

Post by invisus »

Sounds vaguely like:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=66210
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=65907

Give these a read. Do the symptoms described here sound the same as what you experienced?

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.6] unable to select items

Post by posila »

Thanks for the report.
invisus wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:20 am
Sounds vaguely like:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=66210
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=65907
Yep, it should be fixed as of 0.17.10