[0.17.3] UI unresponsive to mouse

Things that has been reported already before.
Aardwolf
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[0.17.3] UI unresponsive to mouse

Post by Aardwolf »

Hi,

I don't know what triggered it, but while playing the UI suddenly became unresponsive to mouse.

Keyboard shortcuts still work, e.g. escape brings up the game menu, but clicking with the mouse on resume does nothing.

Clicking with the mouse on any item in the inventory, quick bar, ... does nothing.

Clicking on a building still does show some popup windows, so the mouse is not entirely broken.

Also, pressing '1' still selects the item from the quickbar, and I can place it on the map. So it's very specifically, any GUI element doesn't listen to mouse clicks.

I wish I knew what exactly triggered it. I believe the last thing I did was rearrange a few items in the quick bar (deleting some with middle click and placing others in their place), but I might have done more....

Platform: Linux, using Steam

Aardwolf
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [0.17.3] UI unresponsive to mouse

Post by Aardwolf »

Update: after trying out various things, the UI came back!

Possibly zooming in and out with the scrollwheel is what made the UI work again.

Any ideas?

divingkangaroo
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by divingkangaroo »

Hi,

I just had the exact same issue, after reading this post I were able to get it to work again by zooming with the mouseweel.
I did not rearrange the quickbar just before it happened, I were simply building.

Platforn Windows 10, Steam, 0.17.4-1

msmaciek
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by msmaciek »

Hi,

I just had the exact same issue, I fixed it by clicking on the desktop and then back in the game.

Platforn Windows 10, Steam, 0.17.4

AlienRaven
Inserter
Inserter

Post by AlienRaven »

Happened to me couple times today, though I could not figure out exact steps to reproduce, so Ill provide as much info as possible.

Possible trigger: autosave function, exactly after autosave popup closes. Usually it catches me up clicking something in the GUI, like managing inventory, or interacting with quick bar.

Effect: gui becomes unlickable by mouse, any element. I still can open windows trhough shortcuts (like menu for Esc or others, like BP library, tech tree, etc.), however I can not press any button with mouseclick, nore I can interact with inventory items.

ALT+F4 is the only solution I've found, the game loads exactly at the time of glitch is happening since it autosaved without the glitch active anymore. Not gamebraking, but annoying.

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

Same issue, several times, not really sure how to reproduce (or even how I managed to fix it), will post again when/if I do...
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

MicFac
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MicFac »

Still happens in 0.17.5
Same here. I think it happened to me 5 times now, in a save of the new campaign and a freeplay save. when it happens I usually open some GUIs run around a bit and after a few seconds it works again. I have no idea what exactly causes or fixes it.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the reports. Without some method to reproduce this it's very hard to make any progress on it.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Twinsen
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Twinsen »

Tried a few times clicking various things while the autosave is running, didn't get any issues.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

Thanks for the report.
I suppose this was fixed in 0.17.10: 66210

Return to “Duplicates”