[0.16.51] Unexpected error on thread start

Things that has been reported already before.
Jakkow
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.16.51] Unexpected error on thread start

Post by Jakkow »

Hello, there seems to be an unexpected error occuring occasionally.
From the log file it seems like it happens when starting a new thread.
It occured once a little bit after creating a new mining post on an iron ore field, then 2/3 times after expanding a copper mining post but it does not seem to be linked to a specific action.
The last few crashes happened a few minutes after the last autosave.
I'm uploading the autosaves and the current and previous logs.
I saw high GPU memory usage being a problem sometimes on the forums, I checked and it was 2.5/3GB, I don't know if this is too high.
If anything else might be needed to uncover the problem, please reply and I will try to provide more details.

Update: I managed to produce a save which if I load the crash occurs within a few seconds.
I'm uploading the save file.
It seems like it is linked to the time of the autosave so it might be the saving process which is causing the error, I also had a corrupted autosave right after it (but did not have one during the other crashes).
Attachments
Jakkow_normal.zip
Crash occurs a few seconds after loading this
(7.18 MiB) Downloaded 41 times
_autosave3.zip
(7.09 MiB) Downloaded 35 times
_autosave2.zip
(7.15 MiB) Downloaded 43 times
_autosave1.zip
(7.13 MiB) Downloaded 36 times
factorio-previous.log
(7.5 KiB) Downloaded 42 times
factorio-current.log
(7.78 KiB) Downloaded 39 times

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.16.51] Unexpected error on thread start

Post by posila »

Hello, I think you need to update your BIOS and chipset drivers. See: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=59771

Jakkow
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Jakkow »

Thank you for the fast reply.
It does seem to have fixed the problem, although I only updated the processor driver.
I tried saving 3 times and triggering autosave 3 times as well but no crashes.
I find it a bit strange that a driver issue only occured after many hours of play, I would be very curious to see a technical explanation on the driver issue if there is anything you can point me to, but even without it, thank you very much for the help.
I will continue playing and update the thread if I get the same error again (even after updating some other, motherboard related drivers as well).

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

Jakkow wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:23 am
Thank you for the fast reply.
It does seem to have fixed the problem, although I only updated the processor driver.
I tried saving 3 times and triggering autosave 3 times as well but no crashes.
I find it a bit strange that a driver issue only occured after many hours of play, I would be very curious to see a technical explanation on the driver issue if there is anything you can point me to, but even without it, thank you very much for the help.
I will continue playing and update the thread if I get the same error again (even after updating some other, motherboard related drivers as well).
This (and linked posts) are unfortunately the most technical public explanation I know of.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

Return to “Duplicates”