[0.16.51] Decider Combo not passing input count to different symbol

Things that has been reported already before.
Dune
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.16.51] Decider Combo not passing input count to different symbol

Post by Dune »

So, if the decider combo has a value input and it passes the check say, 5000 yellow belts greater than zero. And I want to output 'A', nothing is output. But if I output the same symbol, in this case yellow belt, it works.

The bug is that the symbol cannot be changed and get the input count. If you select the output of 1, it'll work. In my case I want the input count which doesn't work.

The arithmetic combo doesn't have this problem. Input 5000 yellow belts, plus 0 and output it as anything you want. That's how I'm currently working around this problem.

Reference picture below:
Attachments
0 test decider combo.zip
(3.21 MiB) Downloaded 36 times
Last edited by Dune on Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

Dune
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.16.51] Decider Combo not passing input count to different symbol

Post by Dune »

picture shows a couple of mods, but I removed all but creative mode and still have the same issue.

Dune
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Dune »

Still seems that this is a bug. You can output a different symbol if you use the radio button to select 1 instead of input count.

I read the
"Version .13.0 Change log Decider combinator "input count" option makes the combinator copy the count of the specified output signal from the input signals, instead of copying the count from the condition. "
It's hard to believe this is the case that it uses the output symbol's input value if the condition is true.
Last edited by Dune on Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

Dune wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:07 am
Why is this not a bug? You can output a different symbol if you use the radio button to select 1 instead of input count.
Because it is behaving exactly as it should. Check the tooltip of the "input count" button or the report I linked.

Dune
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Dune »

I guess I get the use case. Pass the value if (some other) value passes a check.

Return to “Duplicates”