[0.16.51] Underground belt placed by bots in wrong direction

Things that has been reported already before.
lexi.lambda
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.16.51] Underground belt placed by bots in wrong direction

Post by lexi.lambda »

In certain situations, when underground belts in a blueprint are not all paired (that is, certain underground belt entrances/exits are “orphans” that don’t have a corresponding exit/entrance), bots can sometimes place an underground belt pair facing the wrong direction, even when placed in such a way that the belts cannot connect to existing entities. Since the behavior does not seem completely consistent—sometimes the belts are placed correctly, and sometimes they aren’t—it’s possible the behavior in influenced by placement order, but I haven’t verified if this is the case.

For an example of this occurring, see the following GIF:

As the above animation shows, the bottom pair of underground belts are flipped when placed. I would, of course, expect them to be placed the same way as the original pair.

I have attached a minimal save file that seems to consistently reproduce the problem when a new set of belts is placed adjacent to the existing ones as in the above animation. Placing the belts further away from the roboport does not seem to consistently trigger the issue, so to reproduce it, place the provided blueprint next to the underground belts already included in the save.
Attachments
vanilla-test.zip
(2.11 MiB) Downloaded 57 times
factorio-current.log
(3.52 KiB) Downloaded 83 times

lexi.lambda
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.16.51] Underground belt placed by bots in wrong direction

Post by lexi.lambda »

Thanks! I had a feeling this existed somewhere, but I couldn’t find the duplicate by searching. Apologies.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [0.16.51] Underground belt placed by bots in wrong direction

Post by Loewchen »

lexi.lambda wrote:Thanks! I had a feeling this existed somewhere, but I couldn’t find the duplicate by searching. Apologies.
No problem, great report otherwise. ;)

Return to “Duplicates”