[0.16.51] Game closes on hibernation

Things that has been reported already before.
RedstoneMaster256
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.16.51] Game closes on hibernation

Post by RedstoneMaster256 »

I am not sure if this is something that can be fixed, how high priority it is, or even if it is worth trying to fix. Just found it rather annoying, as I had not yet saved the game and I had made a lot of progress since an autosave would have run :(

So, I was playing Factorio on my laptop, and went AFK without plugging it in. The laptop hibernates before it runs out of power, and this time was no exception. Most of the currently running processes were saved to disk. Factorio, however, was not open when I turned my computer back on.

I should mention that I am using some mods (Namely, the entirety of both the Bob's Mods series and the Angel's Mods series, as well as Clock, Void Chest +, ShinyBobGFX, and Recycling Machines). I don't think these would cause this issue, but it is worth noting.
Attachments
factorio-previous.log
This is the log for it.
(20.96 KiB) Downloaded 89 times

RedstoneMaster256
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.16.51] Game closes on hibernation

Post by RedstoneMaster256 »

Ahh, missed it, probably cuz I searched for hibernation rather than sleep

Actually, looking at that post, I see a couple notable differences
•My game was not in full screen mode, while that poster said their problem only happened if the game was fullscreened
•My computer hibernated, not slept. There is a difference.

thedarkbunny
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.16.51] Game closes on hibernation

Post by thedarkbunny »

In my experience, the game can crash anytime something happens that cuts it off from its active display. Sleep, hibernate, disconnecting the monitor cable, whatever. It can't write to the display it was told to, it throws an error, Factorio crashes.

Though if you really need to hibernate while Factorio is running, I get a pretty good (~90%) survival rate when I alt-tab to something else before hibernating. Factorio seems to care less about the active display when it's not focused.

Also keep in mind that all bets are off regarding how 0.17 will handle this kind of thing.

Return to “Duplicates”