[0.16.50] Bot Prioritisation

Things that has been reported already before.
LazyDev
Inserter
Inserter

[0.16.50] Bot Prioritisation

Post by LazyDev »

The glitch occurs when you create a very large deconstruction command, and then use very large blueprints on top of the deconstructs, before the bots have a chance of removing the entities. This causes the bots to hang on top of the square that they want to place the entity, and with little bots, your bots can slow down and even stall upon a large construction.

To replicate:
Have 50 construction bots in the players inventory;
Finish a large construction;
Deconstruct that large construction;
Once marked for construction, place a giant blue print on top of the deconstruct area.

You'll notice alot of the bots will hang as they wait for the deconstruct to complete.

I'm not good at describing things, so I hope this is clear enough.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [0.16.50] Bot Prioritisation

Post by Loewchen »

That sounds fine, they wait for the deconstruction to complete and will construct once they can. Or am I misunderstanding?

cbhj1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by cbhj1 »

sounds like they all end up constructing and nothing being cleared away to make way.

LazyDev
Inserter
Inserter

Post by LazyDev »

cbhj1 wrote:sounds like they all end up constructing and nothing being cleared away to make way.
Pretty much. It's annoying and causes very long delays on large constructs. Especially, if you've made a mistake or updated a blueprint.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

Can not reproduce, no construction jobs are given to available robots until the area is cleared. Post a vanilla save of the latest version with instructions on how to create the behaviour please.

LazyDev
Inserter
Inserter

Post by LazyDev »

I'm not sure what causes this, but it occurs when construction robots sit on top of an object to be constructed, but it is blocked by a deconstruct. It's just like, standing on the spot where a building is to be built. That animation the robot does.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

That's pretty trivial to reproduce:
  1. Load this game (replay enabled):
    _botblocktest1.zip
    (945.74 KiB) Downloaded 69 times
  2. Put the bots into the roboport.
  3. Watch how many of the bots hover over a construction site until they give up and return to base.
Has been there since ages. When a bot is assigned a construction job there is no check if the construction site is unobstructed. So it's pure luck if the construction site will be cleared or not by the time the bot arrives. It might be required to have a job queue larger than the magic 600.
obstructed.jpg
obstructed.jpg (447.17 KiB) Viewed 2685 times

LazyDev
Inserter
Inserter

Post by LazyDev »

That is exactly what the problem is. I wasn't able to get a screenshot, but yours shows the problem.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

LazyDev wrote:That is exactly what the problem is.
This one then: viewtopic.php?f=58&t=46742

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Loewchen wrote:
LazyDev wrote:That is exactly what the problem is.
This one then: viewtopic.php?f=58&t=46742
As far as i can tell that topic is about when the deconstruction order is removed. However in this case the deconstruction order is not removed. I.e. the other thread describes an impossible situation that can never be constructed. While this one can be constructed, and will be constructed eventually. The constructing bots just waste a lot of time inbetween waiting for the deconstructing bots to arrive. This thread is purely a problem of task order.

Look at the pictures, on mine there's the red "deconstruction" X marker, on the other thread that's not there.

Return to “Duplicates”