[0.16.47] HiDPI/Retina displays not utilized on macOS

Things that has been reported already before.
randomizer52
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.16.47] HiDPI/Retina displays not utilized on macOS

Post by randomizer52 »

This is not a new bug and does not deserve a new writeup, but nothing has been done about it yet, so...

Retina/HiDPI support has been present in OS X/macOS since 2012. Factorio has beautiful HiDPI support on Windows (and apparently Linux). Adding this support to macOS is a question of adding one key-value to Info.plist.

See viewtopic.php?f=6&t=59952, viewtopic.php?f=11&t=47940, and viewtopic.php?f=49&t=20751.

I was told by Rseding91 that the fix was implemented for 0.17, but that was two or three weeks ago and it hasn't been in any of the 0.16 versions since then. Is there a good reason for this? I have implemented the fix on my end for every new version I've downloaded and it's always worked perfectly (as it has for everyone else who's been doing it since 2016, as the oldest thread I've linked shows).

jiri
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: [0.16.47] HiDPI/Retina displays not utilized on macOS

Post by jiri »

randomizer52 wrote:nothing has been done about it yet
Something has been done about it, it has been fixed for 0.17 as you were told by RSeding91.

Enabling the option doesn't fix the issue properly for everyone and is liable to introduce more unpredictable behaviour. Version 0.17 includes a significant rework of the windowing internals, which fixes this issue properly. Backporting the fix to 0.16 isn't trivial.

User_Name2
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.16.47] HiDPI/Retina displays not utilized on macOS

Post by User_Name2 »

Hello
I used Retinizer.app
http://retinizer.mikelpr.com

After that, factorio run perfectly in 4k using native resolution (UI text and sprites)
Install WaiTex mod to get high res textures for everything

Return to “Duplicates”