Bots not building (Big) Blueprints

Things that has been reported already before.
teenusa
Inserter
Inserter

Bots not building (Big) Blueprints

Post by teenusa »

At the moment I am building a (for me very big) furnace Array, but for some reason bots of the normal network won't build the whole blueprint.
The first few minutes it looks promising, but after 20 minutes or so it will slow down. (Bots are not charging or something the just "sleep" in their Roboports ^^
After some minutes (5 to 20 minutes) Robots will Spawn from an Roboport near the chest and take for example 3 Constant Combinator and places them.

Some places of the Blueprint are not covered in the building Zone, I know that.

The Personal Roboport places all Ghosts only the stationary Roboports have trouble.

I think that there is a Queue which only allows a certain number of Ghosts being worked on per tick. And this Queue gets pretty much locked if there are not enough items in the System for some minutes.

Blueprint, World, Log are Attachments.
Blueprint: (Pretty Laggy and very difficult to place on an exact position^^)
Furnace_Array-Steel-Copper-Iron-All_Stations.txt
(227.53 KiB) Downloaded 77 times
Logs: (probably not important for this issue)
factorio-current.log
(6.84 KiB) Downloaded 97 times
factorio-previous.log
(7.16 KiB) Downloaded 98 times
Map:
Suprise_sense.zip
(23.06 MiB) Downloaded 96 times
Pictures:
•Current map state:
Screenshot (23)_LI.jpg
Screenshot (23)_LI.jpg (752 KiB) Viewed 4327 times
•5 minutes before saving the map
Screenshot (21).png
Screenshot (21).png (2.08 MiB) Viewed 4327 times
Last edited by teenusa on Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
aka Chaftalie

teenusa
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Bots not building (Big) Blueprints

Post by teenusa »

Thanks for that Link! I'll test the mod.
EDIT: This mod is for 0.13 and I can't find one for 0.16.X Is there no other solution than leting the game run for hours and hours?

But I think it should not be a big Problem for the game to handle 2000 Ghosts diveded up into more than one tick. It also runs thousands upon thousands other things that do not take as long?
aka Chaftalie

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

You don't need the mod, all you need to do is make sure that all ghosts can be placed. Right now there are several thousand that are missing the corresponding items, kill those ghosts or provide the items and it will work.

teenusa
Inserter
Inserter

Post by teenusa »

The problem is, I provide most of the items.

I put them into the chest and it takes up to 20 minutes before Robots get to work.

Sure I could kill all the ghosts and replace them, but I do not want to do this every time I am building something with more then 2000 entitys (random number).
EDIT: Replacing does "not" work. I would have to replace all Ghosts at once. because new Ghosts are not prioritized over old ghosts.
aka Chaftalie

teenusa
Inserter
Inserter

Post by teenusa »

I was AFK the whole night, so everything got build.

But its definitely not the best solution.
aka Chaftalie

Aeternus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Aeternus »

It's been my experience that when you try to build more ghosts then you've got bots, things slow to a crawl, both UPS wise and buildwise. The game tries to build about 650 ghosts, when it can't do them for some time (due to lack of bots, or lack of mats), it'll skip to the next 650. If it can assign a bot to a job, it'll try the next ghost, eventually looping back to the first few. Unless you've got plenty of construction bots and ALL the materials in the blueprint, it'll take forever to construct things.

On the map you can clearly see that there are other construction jobs with issues - likely inserters that aren't available or something similar.

teenusa
Inserter
Inserter

Post by teenusa »

I also just saw that in another network (with only Logistic Robots) were about 10 000 Ghosts (concrete tiles) that probably slowed down the "Ghost Queue".
(Deleting those helped a lot ^^, perhaps there is some optimising headroom? Roboports with only Logibots should not get an "Ghost Queue"?)

Yep there are some inserters and lamps that are waiting for building.
aka Chaftalie

Return to “Duplicates”