[0.16.22] Able to squeak through connected storage tanks

Things that has been reported already before.
luziferius
Inserter
Inserter

[0.16.22] Able to squeak through connected storage tanks

Post by luziferius »

I noticed that I am able to squeak through directly connected storage tanks sometimes.
It is not deterministically reproducible, because it depends on user input. If the player is in the correct position (like in the attached save), it is 100% reproducible.
I got to this state 4 or 5 times while fiddling several minutes.
My guess: Due to floating point errors, the collision boxes do not connect properly and leave a like 0.001 wide space between tanks. If the player exactly hits this, he can pass the tanks.
  • Load the save
  • Only go directly up or down. You can squeak through between the two storage tanks as often as you wish.
  •  Go left or right after leaving the space between the tanks: Not possible to do this any more.
Side note: This happened to me with combinators once, too. I trapped myself in a combinator contraption and had to reload the save or mine the combinators to get out, so you might want to check those, too.

Platform: Linux
Mods used: None
Clean factorio log.
EDIT: OK, had not seen the other thread (used completely different wording and didn’t come up using the search.
Removed the attached save and video to save storage space, as this is not needed, then.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
Clean log.
(3.47 KiB) Downloaded 40 times
Last edited by luziferius on Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Duplicates”