[0.16.16] Do not count items in buffer chests

Things that has been reported already before.
jormaig
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.16.16] Do not count items in buffer chests

Post by jormaig »

So this is the problem:

I have configured many inserters in my factory to stop working when there are X items from an item in the logistic network. With the new buffer chests, the items in the buffer chest are counted as part of the logistic network too. This causes the problem that some requester chests request items but this items never are produced because my inserter sees some items in the logistic network.

Attached you'll find a save with an example of this. The player is near the inserter that has de condition to be enabled "Roboport < 10" in some buffer chests in my factory I have 17 roboports so the inserter will never be enabled but in my "Build Loader" station there are some requester chests requesting a "Roboport" that will never be produced because of this problem.

I think that the solution will be to do not count items in buffer chests as part of the logistic network or to have a checkbox to select this option.
Attachments
Logistic network storage 17 roboports
Logistic network storage 17 roboports
logistic.png (435.32 KiB) Viewed 1241 times
Inserter's logistic connection
Inserter's logistic connection
inserter.png (354.72 KiB) Viewed 1241 times
Joan_16_2.zip
(23.54 MiB) Downloaded 49 times

m44v
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.16.16] Do not count items in buffer chests

Post by m44v »

I had the same issue, but I'm pretty sure this is as intended. The stuff in buffer chests is available to personal logistics and constructions bots, and also to requester chests if enabled, so the count *is* correct. If you want to have always some items in provider chests so they can supply requests then you shouldn't limit production by putting a logistic network condition but rather limit the stacks in the provider chests, or alternatively enable requester chest to pick stuff from buffer chests.

jormaig
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.16.16] Do not count items in buffer chests

Post by jormaig »

Oh I haven't seen the option to enable requester to pick stuff from buffer chests. I think this should solve it

Return to “Duplicates”