Construction bots idle when there are valid work orders

Things that has been reported already before.
naubol
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Construction bots idle when there are valid work orders

Post by naubol »

I've ghosted out maybe 80 roboports' construction area worth of concrete using a giant square blueprint of concrete while the concrete is being made. I imagine it will take a few hours for all this concrete to be made in sufficient quantity. The rate of the concrete output is not high enough to keep more than half of my construction bots busy, yet unfortunately the rest are unwilling to service requests for which the logistics network has sufficient materials.

I understand this is for performance reasons, ... maybe tiles can be considered separately, or the lack of an available material means all requests for the same material are skipped until a valid request is found or the requests are exhausted? Either way, it would be nice if the behavior was that the construction bots that are idle were still usable.

Alternatively, a means to cancel ghosted entities on the map could also work, since it would now be quite the chore to go remove where concrete has yet to be placed.

Distelzombie
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Construction bots idle when there are valid work orders

Post by Distelzombie »

You can delete ghosts using the new filter mechanic of deconstruction planners or without.
Complete 2-Lane system as a Blueprint-Book! The perfect OCD reactor? Testing chained science lab efficiency Please use real prefixes and proper rounding!

naubol
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Construction bots idle when there are valid work orders

Post by naubol »

It's similar but not exactly the same. It would be nice if tile ghosts were on a different loop than non-tile ghosts.

Return to “Duplicates”