[0.15.x]inserters try to feed fundry with incorrect material

Things that has been reported already before.
MrBuisson
Inserter
Inserter

[0.15.x]inserters try to feed fundry with incorrect material

Post by MrBuisson »

Hi *

I realized on my setup that inserter try to bring material there is no place for it into my fundry, creating a deadlock.

It happens when using belt with mixed iron/steel smelting. raw iron comes from one side, is smelted by a fundry and goes as a metal plate back on the same belt (nice signaling avoid any blockage already).
The thing is, if inserter on my lane have the ability to pick back the iron plates, they will do so (which is fine for me) but then try to feed the fundry with iron ore again, before steel is even smelted. They can't drop it, fundry has [1-9]/10 metal plates (dead world) and will not do anything.

Anyway to get this fixed ? I was quite proud of my setup iron ore -> steel on one single assembly line :(

MrBuisson
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.15.x]inserters try to feed fundry with incorrect material

Post by MrBuisson »

my bad. smart search didn't bring up this topic :(

I believe this is a bug, because it is not an expect behavoir (and I can't solve what I was doing with smart inserter :p ).
I aimed to have a single line ore -> steel that can adapt to any kind of incresed input by just increasing the line lenght. For that I just needed my inserters not to insert something they can't.

This would also solve many posted bug of the 0.15.x where partialy damaged [choose_what_you_want] cannot be stacked inside an assembly machine.
In short this is nothing more than ensuring that inserter "test then insert" instead of "insert then test".

For a smarter Factorio,

A lone Buisson.

Return to “Duplicates”