[15.8] Game Crash when Driving Car

Things that has been reported already before.
fyvushfinkle
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[15.8] Game Crash when Driving Car

Post by fyvushfinkle »

I was playing on one of my single player factories and had made a car. The car had the lowest tier of bullets loaded as ammunition and I had just used the car's built in machine gun to kill a biter that was attacking a wall, and just a few short seconds later, the game crashed. The car was also moving during this. I was playing the game with no issues for several hours, however the moment after I got in the car and killed the biter with it, the game crashed. This has happened twice, and I think the car or its gun is causing the crash. I don't know if this behavior exists in multiplayer or not, but it's definitely reproducible in single player. I've included the log the game made when it crashed along with the world save. I don't know if this is relevant or not, but I am playing Factorio through Steam, just in the off chance that the SteamAPI might be causing the problem, but I doubt it.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
Crash Log
(9.38 KiB) Downloaded 65 times
Singleplayer.zip
The World Save
(6.46 MiB) Downloaded 57 times

Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [15.8] Game Crash when Driving Car

Post by Boogieman14 »

0.15.8 had a bug like that with entering trains, good chance this too is already fixed in 0.15.9
I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's the same, but with the letters in the correct order.

fyvushfinkle
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by fyvushfinkle »

Yeah apparently this also happened with tanks and trains. Glad to know it's probably getting fixed.

OdinYggd
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by OdinYggd »

May have experienced the same bug when driving the tank.

Had left the game paused for a couple hours while I took a nap, then got going again and went towards a biter nest.

There were some stray biters on the way, so I figured I would just use the machine gun to clear them out. I got a few of them done and got an error message.

I revisited the same encounter in 15.9 after reloading from the autosave and did not experience the bug.
Attachments
_autosave3.zip
Most recent autosave
(14.3 MiB) Downloaded 72 times
factorio-current.log
(6.76 KiB) Downloaded 67 times
In my mind, Steam is the eternal king of the railway.

fyvushfinkle
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by fyvushfinkle »

Yup it seems the patch that came out today fixed it. It's great that the devs are very much on top of this.

Return to “Duplicates”