[1.1.76] Player for over a year, can't get it to stop crashing now

Things that has been reported already before.
eternalny1
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.1.76] Player for over a year, can't get it to stop crashing now

Post by eternalny1 »

Factorio has been the most stable and smooth game I've ever played. As a software engineer myself, it jumped easily to the top of the "most stable and optimized game I've ever played.

Suddenly, I am getting CTD's when loading, playing, and quitting the game constantly. I can no longer play reliably at all.

Yesterday I was able to play a bit but today I can't even launch. I disabled all mods and it still refuses to play reliably. Sometimes, I can get to the main menu, sometimes I can't. Sometimes I can play for 30 seconds, sometimes I can't. Sometimes I can zoom out without it crashing, sometimes I can't. etc.

Did I uninstall something Factorio needs somehow? I did a file integrity check in Steam and it's perfectly fine.

The graphics are also strange, with the water no longer showing a transparency effect and the coastlines looking strange. If I could get in-game today, I'd take a screenshot. But I can't.

Log attached.

I've updated all the drivers in my system and am on NVidia 531.41 on GeForce GTX 1669 Ti.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(8.96 KiB) Downloaded 49 times

eternalny1
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [1.1.76] Player for over a year, can't get it to stop crashing now

Post by eternalny1 »

Thank you, that's exactly what I was trying to say about my coastlines looking strange.

I'll try the steps suggested.

Return to “Duplicates”