[1.1.69] Train visuals become misaligned with their collision when stationed across a curve

Things that has been reported already before.
Knauric
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.1.69] Train visuals become misaligned with their collision when stationed across a curve

Post by Knauric »

I have a train station involving curved rails that is fully functional, but the visuals of the train cars do not match up with their collision in certain orientations. Please view the attached screenshots "Stations1.png" and "Stations2.png" to see the train station in each of the four possible orientations, and note that the train stations which exit to the west and east appear correct visually, the one which exit to the north and south do not. Specifically, for the station which exits to the south, the train cars appear to visually compact too much around the curve, while the train cars do not compact enough for the train station exiting to the north.

I believe this to be a bug since the same compaction problems do not occur in the east and west exiting stations, despite all 4 stations involving 4 curved rail sections.

Additionally, I have attached the save file for the sandbox game in which these screenshots were taken. It is named "Sandbox_TrainBug.zip".

Again, for all orientations of this train station, it is fully functional, in that ALL inserters will pass items into the cargo wagons. If you open the attached save file and, for example, highlight the train last cargo wagon on the train which exits to the south (i.e. the westernmost train station in the world), you will see that all 12 of the adjacent inserters are highlighted.

The screenshot "Collision.png" shows a scene from my normal save file. My player character is pushed up against the bottom of the misaligned train from a south-exiting train station, to highlight how far off the collision is from the visual model.

The screenshot "Snapping1.jpg" shows the ghost of a cargo wagon snapped in place before I place it on a on a train in a south-exiting train station, highlighting how far off the visual model is from where I expected it to be.

The screenshot "Snapping2.jpg" shows where the visual model of the train appears after I snap it, highlighting the discrepancy between the placement ghost and the visual model's location after placement.

Here is the blueprint I use to place the train station:

I have also attached my most recent log as "factorio-current.log", though I doubt it will be useful since this doesn't cause crashes or errors, it is a visual bug that I imagine is present on all machines.

I am confident this is a fixable bug, it seems to me there is simply a discrepancy in how the position of the train's collision boxes is calculated compared to how the position of the train's visual model is calculated.

Also of note: this train station does NOT work if you replace the cargo wagons with fluid wagons. Only the first 4 fluid wagons will connect to pumps, the one on the bend and the 4 after the bend will not connect, despite visually looking like they are closely aligned in the east/west-exiting stations. If you're considering solutions to this, it would be swell if it also made fluid wagons stay aligned enough to work with pumps after a curve. See this reddit post for more details about aligning fluid wagons with pumps after curves: https://www.reddit.com/r/factorio/comme ... cars_dont/
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(24.74 KiB) Downloaded 34 times
Snapping1.jpg
Snapping1.jpg (3.1 MiB) Viewed 566 times
Snapping2.jpg
Snapping2.jpg (3.09 MiB) Viewed 566 times
Collision.jpg
Collision.jpg (1.87 MiB) Viewed 566 times
Sandbox_TrainBug.zip
(2.32 MiB) Downloaded 31 times
Train stations exiting to the north and east.
Train stations exiting to the north and east.
Stations2.png (18.71 MiB) Viewed 566 times
Train stations exiting to the south and west.
Train stations exiting to the south and west.
Stations1.png (18.44 MiB) Viewed 566 times

Return to “Duplicates”