[1.1.42] Gui search (including fuzzy) should rather not depend on the UpperCase in locales

Things that has been reported already before.
KeepResearchinSpoons
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[1.1.42] Gui search (including fuzzy) should rather not depend on the UpperCase in locales

Post by KeepResearchinSpoons »

It has been reported to me a number of times that neither a search for the technology-name nor a search for an item-name (with ctrl-F) would succeed on these conditions:

The name of the technology/item starts with a capital letter (-P-istol, -S-tone wall (tech)).
The user tries to input lowercased name (pistol, stone wall).
The name in question was a localised name.

What me/them expected was to find the uppercased culprit.
What happened is we found none.

Works like this: you ask them to find the item (that item, by name), they say there is no such item.
AND raw item-name, recipe-name etc search for the English-raw-name-string DOES NOT WORK either, yay.

the screens showcase it on the RU locale as per reported example.
pics x5

what I really want is a way to literally find a modded (or vanilla!) item across different locales "reliably" or even "at all".

The other recent MP joke was about a certain Dutch naming blue chips as purple circuits on a vanilla map (he did not know the English word for it apparently, kappa). Happened at the MF for anyone who really wants to look up the whole story over chat logs. At least the shift-click helped us that day.

Greetings,
and good luck!

Return to “Duplicates”