[0.18.32] Adding same fluid to existing network triggers "cannot mix different fluid" error

Things that has been reported already before.
Phenzix
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.18.32] Adding same fluid to existing network triggers "cannot mix different fluid" error

Post by Phenzix »

Hello all,

Hope I'm not stirring an existing topic :| I've done some research but didn't find anything close to my situation:

I stumbled upon this "bug" yesterday (I've read FFF-351 that mentions how to operate pipe connections with existing fluids): I have this big oil processing base that requires tremendous amounts of water (currently three pumps). When I noticed I had to increase the water flow, as I tried connecting a new water pump to the existing water pipe bus, I had the error "cannot mix different fluids".

Obviously I wanted to add water in water pipes. I didn't try flushing because I knew there wasn't any mixing happening.

I also tried to disconnect an existing pump and reconnect it to its network, I had the same error.

What worked was to let a robot install the pipe to connect the pump to the water network, and it would gladly do it without errors.

I'm running a few mods (EvoGUI, the fat controller, long reach, Ingos advanced start, ToDo list, FNEI, if my memory serves me correctly), but they don't really touch the fluids system. I do use the Squeak Through mod (https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Superche ... %20Through), which could have a potential influence.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [0.18.32] Adding same fluid to existing network triggers "cannot mix different fluid" error

Post by Loewchen »

Post a link to the save file that shows that issue.

Phenzix
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.18.32] Adding same fluid to existing network triggers "cannot mix different fluid" error

Post by Phenzix »

Here: https://u.pcloud.link/publink/show?code ... 0GGfNpfMSX

I've put myself right in front of the problem. I retested before saving and I'm still confirming the issue.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

You connected it to the input for your light oil to solid fuel setup.

Phenzix
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Phenzix »

Oh. My bad ^^" guess we can delete this thread then

sorry for the annoyance and thanks for looking into this false positive

Return to “Duplicates”