[0.17.16] Cliff Explosives not placed correctly by blueprint

Things that has been reported already before.
Cisz
Inserter
Inserter

[0.17.16] Cliff Explosives not placed correctly by blueprint

Post by Cisz »

I found a bot hovering over an unexploded cliff, unable to place a rail.

It seems, the rail can't be placed due to the cliff not beeing marked as to be exploded. This only happens sometimes, maybe because the problematic cliff part is between two properly marked cliffs, that sometimes take the middle piece with them upon boom.

I can reproduce this when loading a certain save with the cliffline intact, and having the placement done by the stations bots (not my personal ones).

I use Alien Biomes (which has two parts for size reasons, both of them I have running), auto-deconstruct, qucikbar import/export, and text plates.

Log file is attached, I failed to upload the save, maybe it's to big (22mb). I tried to walk to the offending cliff in a smaller (earlier) save, but it seems, the map looks different there. Both the version of factorio and alien biomes have changed since, so that sounds plausible. If needed, we can maybe find a way around this (like my googledrive).

Offending blueprint, part of my autotrains setup:

Cliffline with placed ghosts from blueprint; note the missing cliff marking:
Bug in 0-17-16 Cliff Explosives 01.jpg
Bug in 0-17-16 Cliff Explosives 01.jpg (304.41 KiB) Viewed 1135 times

Resulting bot in limbo:
Bug in 0-17-16 Cliff Explosives 02.jpg
Bug in 0-17-16 Cliff Explosives 02.jpg (533.17 KiB) Viewed 1135 times
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(40.53 KiB) Downloaded 71 times

Seaish
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.17.16] Cliff Explosives not placed correctly by blueprint

Post by Seaish »

I have this in 0.17.17. There used to be a cliff below this cliff that a bot blew up. Replacing the ghost will mark the cliff for deconstruction. I think the cliff hitbox might be changing when its neighbors get destroyed.

Return to “Duplicates”